Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Charlie turns 9 months...I turn 30.

The day after Charlie turned 9 months old, I turned 30 years old! Jason and I celebrated at Pine Knoll Shores with my parents. I was also suprised by one of my best and longest friends Julie! She rang the doorbell and said she had a delivery of balloons for me. When she pulled back the balloons, I saw it was her. I was so excited to get to spend some time with my Juls.
Bec and Chip (our married couple bffs) came at the end of the long weekend. We too had a great time playing trivial pursuit on the porch way past our usual 10pm bedtime.

Jason worked very hard on my gift (a flip cam!!) I posted a picture of the beautiful wrapping and coloring job. He is quite creative. Oh how I love him!

For my actual b-day Jason, Julie, and I enjoyed yummy food and great conversation at one of my favorite beach restaurants, Williams.

More importantly, Charlie enjoyed himself at the beach. We ate some sand and his feet were dipped into the ocean. He enjoyed the condo because there were lots of things that were right at his level. He loved walking the furniture and scooting all over the place. He loves making noises. He even began to whistle while we were down there.

I am looking forward to my 30's. I loved my 20's too....but I am ready for a change.





1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looks like such a great weekend! What a sweet surprise for Julie to come. And fun with Bec and Chip. I'm glad eveyone made it so special for you.

Mostly I'm so proud of Charlie following in his momma's whistling footsteps. He will be ready to play name that toon by the time we get home! ;)