Sunday, March 29, 2009

Good Teachings

Today at church my heart was burdened to be more consistent. With a child coming, this lesson seemed even more pressing. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 says this, "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." How simple are these commands, yet so hard too. I desire to always be mindful of my relationship with the Lord. It is a powerful and life changing thing. I deeply desire for my future child to know Jesus and the great grace he bestows on us. While saying this I also know that I have a great book to refer to when raising my child, loving my husband, working, or alone. This book is what I need more of. Through this book I can listen to God. The news and the media seem to think that they are the answer to childrearing or loving one another....oh no, we have even greater answers through following Christs example. He is love. He is the only reason I will be a decent parent, wife, or friend. I want to be more thankful for that.

3 comments:

The Parrish Family said...

Thanks...my heart needed to hear that today. It is soo true. Love ya and miss ya and I'm coming home in May for a couple weeks...I would love to see you!

Dena said...

miss seeing you yesterday. thanks for sharing this, such a good reminder. i SO need to work on that. you're going to be a great mom and you already are a great wife. i love hearing how special yours and Jason's marriage is. love you guys.

Sara said...

awesome post. you will be a wonderful mommy. sweet of the Lord to give you this verse now.